HAC is pleased to offer free assessments for any swimmer interested in joining our club. New this season, we are offering two types of assessments! One for swimmers who can pass the lifeguards deep end swim test (one length continuous unassisted swimming), and one for swimmers who are not quite there yet. Remember, this is not a tryout, as all are welcome! Our assessments allow us to recommend the appropriate group for your swimmer. Swimmers need to bring a bathing suit, goggles and a towel. The assessment will take about 20 minutes and are completed by our coaching staff. Directly following the assessment you will be able to speak to one of our coaches as they make recommendations for your swimmer.
1. NEW! Olympic Way - Learn to Swim Assessment (No swim skills required)Do you have a swimmer with some swimming skills, but they are not able to pass the 'swim test'? Come and have your swimmer assessed for our Olympic Way - Learn to Swim program. Swimmers do not need to have any swimming skills, our coaches will assess them and recommend one of our four levels of Olympic Way.
- Thursday August 16, 2018
- Tuesday September 18, 2018
- Thursday December 13, 2018
Click here to register for our Olympic Way - Learn to Swim Assessment. Full location and time will be provided during registration.
2. Swimmer Assessment (Swimmers must be able to swim one length non-stop of the pool independently - no one will be in the water assisting - if this is not the case please sign up for the Olympic Way assessment above)These assessments run monthly during the peak swim season (September – June), and at various time throughout the summer months. We recommend that swimmers looking to join HAC for the Fall 2017/2018 season have their assessment done before the season starts September 11th but swimmers can join through out the season. The next assessments are scheduled for:
- Sunday February 11th, 2018 at 8:00am
- Sunday March 4th, 2018 at 8:00am
- Sign-up to be notified of the next assessment once determined